Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Monday, July 19, 2021

Stay Focused

 


But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.Matthew 6:33

I have the kind of personality that if not careful I can be all over the place whether it is in housework, with friends or family, writing, and even in worthy ministry and social causes and politics. 

Maybe someone else out there can identify. Let’s say your heart is for the nation’s healing and it is good to get with a ministry or two but not everything. I am passionate about praying for my children ,grandchildren,  and schools too but can’t be in every ministry involving that so I pray and decide where to focus. 

Where is your heart leaning today?Busy may seem good but I heard the acronym ‘being under Satan’s yoke’ too because we in the western world see busy as a badge of honor somehow when God wants us to rest too and practice stillness. So friends pray and decide where God wants you to minister keeping in mind every day you are a ‘minister’ for Him. 

PRAYER: I pray for the many Christian ministries dealing with many areas from prison, schools, government, sex trafficking, homelessness, and on it goes. Help me Lord to do a couple things good and not volunteer for everything at the expense of my loved ones. Use me to make a difference but help me also be able to stop and rest. In Jesus’ name. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment