Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Friday, July 30, 2021

Hurt Feelings And Other Aches

 



 But I tell you that everyone will have to give account on the day of judgment for every empty word they have spoken. For by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned.” Matthew 12:36-37 NIV Bible Gateway


In your lifetime have you been labeled and called names sometimes by friends, teachers, those teasing you or maybe a family member or a person who can’t stomach your personality. 

Some of the glorious titles I have been called over the years have been space cadet, self righteous,  exasperating, narcissistic, energizer bunny, to name a few. Some titles are a honor and tribute and others downright hurt deep down. 

This devotion is not meant to make you feel sorry for me but instead to help realize how teasing sometimes affects people differently depending on where the person is at emotionally.  Why not try to find words of affirmation to build up instead of words that wound often fit a lifetime. Name calling is not cool. 

PRAYER: Father I choose to forgive anyone in my past who maliciously was ugly with their words to me. Also I pray for those who have been wounded by children at school, coaches, babysitters, children on a school bus or anyone who didn’t think before they called out names or titles. Help me Lord be careful with my words. In Jesus’ name. Amen. 

#biblegatewayblogger



No comments:

Post a Comment