Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Tuesday, July 20, 2021

Falling Off The Content(Joy) Wagon

 


I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do all this through him who gives me strength.Philippians 4:11-13

Life has ups and downs and joys and sorrows. One of biggest killers of contentment is comparison. This is why the less social media the better. 

You purpose in your heart you will start doing things that create joy, such as not dwelling on what if’s and failures and mean people in your life or your past. You give things to God then can’t stay focused on joy. 

Your assignment is to stop what you are doing and think of all the ways you are blessed and follow this with ways you can bless others. Try to not focus on rejection, hurt, lies, but on prayer and being closer to God. Turn your eyes and thoughts on Jesus. 

PRAYER: Being in a slump happens to all of us and it can feel just like I have zero motivation. Help me Lord to turn on praise music and focus on the wonderful ways you are working in my life and the life of those close to me. In Jesus’ name. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment