Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Thursday, July 8, 2021

Honing In And Maintaining Focus

 

Martha, Martha,” the Lord answered, “you are worried and upset about many things,  but few things are needed—or indeed only one.Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her.” Luke 10:41-42 NIV Bible Gateway


It is easy for some people to stay focused but if you are like me many causes can sound worthy making me be ‘all over the place’ so I have to hone in on something and do it well. That is what my editor also told me a few years ago that even in writing I was going ‘all over the place’. Hopefully not anymore. 

So what cause are you passionate about and is it kingdom building? You can sign up for many worthy things because of being afraid to say no but do you have a couple you can concentrate on to become efficient in? Maybe you don’t even have a true passion for any area. 

Relax and pray. Maybe your passion is something inward not seen by others. You don’t have to do things to be seen by others. Think about what your focus is and decide if anything is suffering because you are ‘all over the place’ and rest and let Christ lead you not worrying about turning people down. 

PRAYER: Guide me Lord in what is useful and worthy for your kingdom purposes not letting any spirtual gifting dry up for lack of us but help me maintain clear focus on the main area you want me to focus on. In Jesus' Name. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment