Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, July 7, 2021

Be Very Still



Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. 9Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that the family of believers throughout the world is undergoing the same kind of sufferings.
1 Peter 5:8-9

An erratic mouth, loose lips, excessive need to chatter can wind up in a bad way for you when instead stillness and an extra measure of patience is required. I believe Satan loves to get you in a frenzy over deadlines, what if’s, and a host of other seemingly important things.

Just think if you don’t exercise a calm spirit you could rush into business deals and end up making terrible mistakes. Today’s verse speaks of resisting the devil and compares this ugly creature to a roaring lion looking for his next meal.

Friend don’t allow an impulsive spirit to cause you to fall into the pit of premature thinking and huge mistakes. Consistently in the Bible is the theme of peace and stillness not jumping up and deciding stupid regretful things. So brother and sister lean in to the savior, pray, be still and wait on God. 

PRAYERS: Lord I thank you that you are there for me 24/7 and forgive me when I allow the demons of darkness to torment me only because I wasn’t meditating on your word and promises. Help me stay on the path that leads to victory. In Jesus’ name. Amen.  

No comments:

Post a Comment