Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, July 25, 2021

Bruising Words

 



For by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned." Matthew 12:37

Have you ever blurted out words without even thinking of how they will sound to the recipient of them? Hurtful, callous words. If you are on receiving end of a verbal backlash it can be shocking and  disheartening. 

Who messes up with our mouths?  You blast off emails or texts in a fit of anger without thinking. You hurt feelings. Your emotions run high and instead of stopping to pray and give thanks for what you have you upset the apple cart with ugliness and hurt coming from your mouth. 

I often have heard those we are closest to get hurt the most and also I heard hurting people hurt other people without realizing it. So my friend who have you been mean to lately. A family member, friend, clerk at a store, waiter? Stop right now and decide enough is enough and seek to let only good come from your mouth. 

PRAYER: I want to thank you Lord for the gift of speech, singing, cheering and just having vocal cords. Help me to forgive unconditionally when I have been a victim of a word battle and help me not to slip and be ugly myself. In Jesus’ name. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment