Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Saturday, May 1, 2021

Unity Versus Division



The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they might have life and have it to the full. John 10:10

 If ever there were a time of severe polarization in the U.S. it is now. A controversial election coupled with cancelled culture which many deny, and the powers to be have done a nifty job causing arguments about politics, race, history, the election, and now Covid, immunizations, and mask mandates. When I attempted to write on this last year I had some very close to me who misunderstood my intent which was to attempt to smooth things over in this turmoil swirling around us not take sides.  

I am not here to promote one side or the other but my job as a devotion writer and not an opinion editor, is to write in hopes those who have been in the middle of a debate, even among Christians, might somehow come to common ground and be understanding and forgiving. 

We are to love one another regardless of who you voted for for President. People are mad and say ugly words and block on social media. Even the social media giants tried to skew thinking by only allowing one side to be heard. What we need to do is pray for revival. I suggest, like I have numerous times,  to not engage in controversies that do nothing but divide. Have your own personal revival. Lean in to God. Turn off distractions put down the paper, turn off the radio and just experience time alone reflecting on God’s goodness. 

PRAYER: Father heal our land. Like people did worldwide during the Unite 714 prayer of March 2020 to March 2021 was to daily pray for unity. The enemy does not like unity one single bit. I lift up whoever just wants to start a fight. Soften their hearts. Heal our world from this disease thrust upon us in January 2020. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment