Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Monday, May 3, 2021

Hey I’m God...I Have This!

 





I called upon the Lord from my distress; the Lord answered me and set me in an open place. The Lord is on my side; I will not fear. What can people do to me?Psalm 118:5-6

Please stop thinking you have to watch the news all the time. Recently  I was told it was ignorant to not stay informed but whose slant on news do you trust anyway? 

I want to stay peaceful, prayerful, and patient. That is difficult to do with a steady stream of ‘breaking news’.  Why is it necessary to know everything? Are you able to achieve peace in your soul when the main thing you feed yourself with is worldy news? 

Might I suggest to back away from news updates and start doing prayer updates. When you are tempted to want to tune in to the stuff around you so you fit in with intelliegient society stop and take a breath. Prayer, not fear, should be your lifeline. God is in control, do you believe that? Even though things may seem bleak now you have to trust Him. I challenge you to not be drawn to constant news shows. Start opening your Bible and diving into the word. Today read Galatians and then Ephesians to start with. The more you read and soak in the promises of scripture the less you will feel a need to get scared of the future. 

PRAYER: I am thankful Lord that in you I can have peace. Help me learn to trust more and fret less. In Jesus’ name. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment