Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Monday, May 10, 2021

Showing Respect

 


Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves. Romans 12:10

On a recent visit to or Nations Capital I was pondering respect and honor and what exactly they mean. 

First a young twenty something girl wearing a tee shirt that said ‘Be Grateful’ and apologized for not cleaning her spot at a food counter better. I told her she is to be commended as it was rare to be concerned. Next I spoke with another twenty something on the way to visit her grandma and that made me smile. Guy sitting next to me on flight was also headed to see his grandpa. How wonderful that is! 

When it comes to honor I think of the war veteran who often tines is missing a limb due to combat. These heroes wounded or not need to be thanked. Freedom is a gift from God and thank goodness we have heroes who gave the ultimate gift to us. 

Stop your busy life got a few moments and ponder what it means to be honorable and respectful. Then go honor and respect someone. 

PRAYER: I am thankful for parents who taught me how to show respect and honor to others. I pray for parents today to not take it for granted to be kind and to teach their children these attributes early. In Jesus’ name. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment