Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, May 12, 2021

Take A Tech Break

 


“You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You.”  Isaiah 26:3

I am thankful for the time frame I raised my children and grew up in. No non stop tiny screens being clutched like a Defibrillator. You have to take breaks from the screen whether computer,phone, television, or tablet. 

Even though it is the method of getting communication and information out these days you still need to back off and push away and go to a quiet place without bringing devices with you. Just you and God. No Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, just by yourself and God. 

It is necessary for your mental well being to have an occasional break. Go outdoors and enjoy sunshine. Write a snail mail letter to a friend or family member and not an email. Make a list of things you are thankful for. Just relax and enjoy God’s presence and talk to Him in prayer. 

PRAYER: Better is one day in your courts than a thousand elsewhere and I praise you Lord for freedom, for ability to choose, for friends and family, and for my Bible which many times I neglect. Help guard my heart against the lures of this present culture trying to get me sucked in to things to distract me from God. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

2 comments:

  1. Becky: This is good advice. I did that last month as I went through surgery and radiation treatments and some recovery time. I felt enengized by my time of relaxing. Peace and blessings to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For sure. When I get off tech I feel so much better.

    ReplyDelete