Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, May 23, 2021

Loving The Unloveable



But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

I don’t know about you but I get mighty uncomfortable to be in the presence of a brother or sister in Christ when they speak of hating someone or wishing evil on them.Granted some people make it easy to dislike them but keep in mind God loves them, bad attitude, evil hearts, warts and all. A complaining negative spirit from a believer is a real downer. 

How God do I love a person trying to turn our country into a communist country? How do I love someone who talks about me behind my back? How do I love the person in the car that just cut me off? How do I love people who think abortion is not evil? How do I love the tailgater who is making me nervous driving so close to my vehicle? 

Unconditional love takes a big brave ‘following God’ sort of person. Ugliness is pretty easy to come by but to be Christlike in our actions, speech, and thoughts is a whole different issue. Don’t hide your light under a bushel but be kind, loving, unashamed, and the person everyone loves to be around because of their great attitude. So are you going to try this week to love the unloveable? 

PRAYER: Lord I know I am not perfect and there have been times I have not loved unconditionally. I really want to try to have an undivided heart that serves you and loves those people who come across out paths whether they are like us or not, help me with this okay? In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment