Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Saturday, August 26, 2017

Overgrown


But the worries of this life, the deceitfulness of wealth and the desires for other things come in and choke the word, making it unfruitful. Mark 4:19

As I look out at what is the near end of our seasonal garden it is becoming overgrown with weeds. Earlier in the season I maintained it and it was not so bad. Now it looks out of control. 

A life that gets cluttered and too busy can start to resemble my overgrown 'weed patch' with thorns and thistles. If you don't get your life in control by prioritizing certain things and putting God first you can easily choke out the work and word of God and allow Satan to enter your peaceful 'garden plot'.

Does your 'garden' need to be tended to? Are you allowing weeds to choke God out of your life? What do you need to do today to start 'blooming' for Him again?

PRAYER: Lord help me to seek you daily. Give me the ability to say no to too many things that would squeeze you out of my life. Help me to look around for those who need help in their 'gardens' and spread your love. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment