Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Saturday, August 12, 2017

Be The Bigger Person


If your enemy is hungry, give him food to eat; if he is thirsty, give him water to drink. Proverbs 25:21

You know when people are having conflict or someone is gossiping or saying mean and hate filled things about others you know what you have to do? Be the bigger person and show your good character by setting an example in word and deed. Don't chime in and lower yourself to the ugly level of bashing and putting down others. 

My parents used to say "If you can't say something good don't say anything at all." And how very wise and true that statement is. Your words reflect your character or lack thereof. When your mouth opens up don't justify being mean but simply pray that nothing comes out that doesn't edify others. 

If you struggle in this area of being the 'bigger person' God is willing and able to help. Problems with people? Give them to God then stop talking about them. As a matter of fact try praying for them. Yes I said pray for them. Now get going and be that bigger person.

PRAYER: I want the things I say to buildup and not tear others down. Forgive me I ever feel anyone is justified to be treated poorly. You want me to be kind to everyone no matter what. Help me Lord. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment