Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Monday, August 28, 2017

A.R.K.


"But this is what I commanded them, saying, 'Obey My voice, and I will be your God, and you will be My people; and you will walk in all the way which I command you, that it may be well with you.' Jeremiah 7:23 

I absolutely loved the movie 'Evan Almighty' starring Steve Carell, Morgan Freeman, and Lauren Graham released back in 2007. It was a modern day fantasy take of Noah's Ark where Carell's character, Evan, was tasked by God to build an ark. Not going to spoil it but try to rent it on Netflix if you can. 

The ark referred to in this movie was not just a literal ark, which he did build, but also an acronym for 'Acts of Random kindness'. Interesting isn't it? These 'acts' could be ways to show love to those you encounter daily. Be on the lookout for hurting people.

Does God speak to and through people still today? Does He have people build arks? Not necessarily but He is still in the business of doing His work through people. Perhaps you are one He wants to work through. 

PRAYER: Thank you for the ways you work through people today to get your work on Earth done. Help me look for ways myself to show love beyond the call of duty. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment