Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Tuesday, August 15, 2017

My 'Sign' Is Jesus!


All the counsel you have received has only worn you out! Let your astrologers come forward, those stargazers who make predictions month by month, let them save you from what is coming upon you. Surely they are like stubble; the fire will burn them up. They cannot even save themselves from the power of the flame. These are not coals for warmth; this is not a fire to sit by. Isaiah 37:13-14

I am always taken aback when a believer who is a Christian asks me what my horoscope sign is. I don't beat around the bush,I just say I don't believe in horoscopes which to me borderlines on fortune telling. If you are a believer you don't look to the stars to tell you what kind of person you are but you look to God who made you fearfully and wonderfully with no help from a horoscope to define your personality.

To some this tradition of going by a star sign may be rooted in some family tradition or cultural issue your never gave much thought to but I am asking you to think about it now! Why does a believer need to read a horoscope to tell them what kind of day they will have? The Bible is the only book you should get guidance from in my humble opinion.

God made you in His image and created you in a very unique way. Everyone born in a certain month is NOT a certain way and believing that is really from demonic spirits.  Now if I have stepped on some toes I am sorry but really think about what exactly it is and why you dabble in it.  Every person is unique and God has distinct purposes for you no matter what month you were born in. Do a study yourself on what the Bible says about horoscopes and then see if the Spirit isn't speaking to you to cast that practice from your life if are following one.

PRAYER: My hope is in you Lord and in your word. Period. I cast off any works of darkness that may appear innocent but really have nothing to do with my walk with the Lord. Give me strength to always choose the things of the Lord. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment