Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Monday, March 14, 2016

Peace Be Still


Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. John 14:27

I always like they names of lotions in various hotel chains we stay in. In one hotel  the lotion was called 'Peace Be Still' and I laughed thinking how appropriate that was for 'yours truly' to not get all upset about stuff you can not control. In other words 'go with the flow' and you are a much happier, calmer person. It is something for me I try to do. I am not there yet but am coming right along in my progress. 

What area of life are you having trouble being still in? Maybe worry about children. Wondering if you will have enough to money after retirement. Worried a tornado or hurricane will destroy your home. Perhaps concerned about the direction our country is going in. Maybe wondering if there is going to be a war. So many things can cause unnecessary stress and there is no reason we have to allow it to. 

God wants you to give Him your burdens. Just think for a moment. Does worry and fret accomplish anything other than giving you illnesses and inability to enjoy life? All the worry in the world is not going to do anything. There are those who may say "well that is just me, I am by nature a worrier." If that is you decide today to get a new nature and a new normal. Why live life consumed by things can not control? Now is the time to start trusting God to work things out. 

PRAYER: I realize there is nothing all the worry in the world is going to do to change a situation. Help me Lord rely on prayer instead of scare. Thank you for the peace I can have only through trusting you. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment