Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Friday, March 25, 2016

'Moderate' Equals Lukewarm


I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other!So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth. Revelation 3:15-16

The word 'moderate' for all intents and purposes when referring to politics means you really don't take either side too seriously. Maybe not wanting to be identified as extremely liberal on the left  or conservative on the right you settle for the in between. Since we are in the midst of election season, I thought I would use that word 'moderate' to indicate maybe how some folks are in their spiritual walk too.

Oh to be identified as a 'Bible thumper', ultra conservative, or Jesus freak I see as a badge of honor. If you identify with Christ you are not to act like you don't know Him in some situations and in others be all in. God knows your heart. You can't hide who you are to Him.  I just tell people "I love the Lord" not that I'm religious as that word stirs up manmade duties in my opinion. 

Let me throw this question out for you to ponder. Will a person who is a 'moderate' Christian enter the kingdom of Heaven? Not judging, just asking. Today search your heart and if you are away from God ask why? What has made you leave your first love? Perhaps you have never surrendered your life to Him. Maybe now is the time.

PRAYER: I do not want to be lukewarm when that trumpet blast sounds and you come back for your children. Forgive me if I have ever lived a marginal Christian life or acted ashamed of you. I pray that you will convict those in my family who just don't seem to be in love with you anymore. Help me be a light shining brightly for your kingdom. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment