Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Thursday, March 24, 2016

The Fighting Irish


Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, “Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother or sister who sins against me? Up to seven times?”Jesus answered, “I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times. Matthew 18:21-22

No this is not my follow on devotion to St. Patrick's Day nor is it about Notre Dame or the movie 'Rudy'. It is about extended families and any quarrels that can or do occasionally occur. It could be the fighting Brits,the fighting Swedes, the fighting Africans, the fighting Germans, the fighting Scots, and so forth depending on your ancestral heritage. 

Fights and quarrels are bound to occur within families extended or otherwise. Different things bring these squabbles on but the thing is if you find yourself the unwelcome guest in the middle of one to do something to impart peace. Name calling, shouting, stomping out of the room should not be options. If you have never had a family squabble consider yourself rare and fortunate. Arguments don't have to be a part of a person's DNA. Make up your mind you will choose to rise above that and seek to be Christlike and show kindness and respect to people whether they deserve it or not. 

Today why not say you're sorry if you have hurt a family member. Make things right and don't give the devil a foothold as he is behind all the disagreements. Don't allow Satan to cause disputes. Show love instead. 

PRAYER: Lord your mercies are new every morning. If I have messed up I know you forgive me. Help me to forgive any person in my family I may have been harsh to and seek to be loving and kind always. In Jesus' name. Amen. 

1 comment:

  1. Some very good thoughts here. I had a disagreement with a family member. She chose not to accept the fact that she hurt me several times and hurt my husband as well. We had to stay away from her. I had to pray about my part in this and had to ask God to forgive me for what I had to do and her for not being able to see her part in the problem.

    ReplyDelete