Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Invasive Species

Therefore, dear friends, since you have been forewarned, be on your guard so that you may not be carried away by the error of the lawless and fall from your secure position.2 Peter 3:17

On a recent hike at a nearby state park,  I passed by a sign posted off to the side of one of the trails which read "Invasive Species" and went on to have four photos of plants or weeds not common to the area which visitors had permission to root up and throw away. I was thinking how nice it would be for mankind if there were obvious signs about the pitfalls to avoid to get you off the path of righteousness. Invasive means "tending to spread harmfully" and that describes sin in so many ways.

There is not one person reading today that can say he or she is without sin for as it says in Romans 3:23 "all have sinned and fallen short of God's glory" so what you and I need to do is to stay in the word and on our knees in prayer so our senses can be discerning between good and evil and right versus wrong. The worldly view of right and wrong is very muddled and not to be trusted.

Today seek Him first thing. Spend time in prayer. Don't just be set apart on Sunday but reach out for God daily. He is waiting. Can't you hear Him knocking?

PRAYER: Guide me each and every day Lord to take the right path in life. Help me as I seek to resist the lures of 'this world' that try to get me to turn my back on you. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment