Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, March 2, 2016

A Companion Of Fools


Walk with the wise and become wise, for a companion of fools suffers harm. Proverbs 13:20
When I was in my formative years my parents taught me the value and importance of good friends. The wrong kind of relationships can ruin your life. Also to hang out with hot tempered and  gossipy people may cause you to pick up their bad habits.
Another verse for today from 1 Corinthians 15:33 says "Do not be misled: "Bad company corrupts good character." Also bad companions keep you from thinking sensibly and rationally. As a parent I continue to pray for the friendship choices of my adult children.
 Don't catch yourself getting self righteous and starting to talk about bad people. Pray and pray hard. We all are subject to falling into bad habits and none of us is perfect. Pray that you will be wise to evil and wrong company.

PRAYER: Help me look to you in guidance for who to choose as my friends insuring they are filled with Christ, joy, and love. Help me set a example. Break any wrong relationship choices in my children's lives. In Jesus' name.

No comments:

Post a Comment