Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Saturday, March 5, 2016

Stop Tailgating Me!


My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, because human anger does not produce the righteousness that God desires. James 1:19-20
There are things in life that could be a pet peeve or just drive you nuts. Sometimes it may be  to the point you could lose your God given peace and joy and get mad. One of mine, which I seemed to have gotten victory over, is those vehicles who like to get right on your bumper and tailgate. I just do not want to get rear ended. My husband says to focus in front of me and  ignore this person. 
Is there some thing you need to ignore that is driving you crazy? An irritating co worker. Rude store clerk. Inconsiderate drivers. Whatever it is, our aim as a believer is to be Christlike in all situations. Some times it may take a few tests and trials to get you to have victory in a certain area.  
If you claim to know the Lord,  you then,  are His ambassador here while He has given you breath on this Earth. Part of your job is to represent Him well. I heard a saying once that said "if you were arrested for being a Christian would there be enough evidence to convict you" and that is something to really give some thought to. So what behavior do you need to ignore today and who do you need to pray to have more patience with?

PRAYER: Each day Lord we face things where we are challenged as a believer how to respond. I know I am to respond in love, humility, and with grace. Use me in the lives of those around me to share your love and help calm me when I feel irritated. In Jesus' name. Amen.






No comments:

Post a Comment