Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, March 20, 2016

Oh My Oh My. So Many Decisions.


Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make straight your paths. Proverbs 3:5-6

Yours truly is just about to publish my first ever book, a devotion book,  and am right there except for the illusive cover. Have you ever thought you had the right choice made but just did not have peace? Well that is as of this writing where I am. One of my faults is that I am super impulsive and often do not think things through for as thoroughly as I should. 

For women who are married I find it is essential to get your husbands support in your endeavors. Not permission like a child to a parent, but his backing and endorsement so to speak. A Bible study leader I had back in the mid 80's called it "staying under your husbands umbrella". This 'umbrella' of sorts is your protection from the storms of life. Man is under God's umbrella, and woman is under both God's and man's. If she steps out on her own in rebellion she is on her own. The women's lib movement would have me tarred and feathered for what they may feel is old fashioned. 

In any decision make sure you pray. Weigh all the facts. I remembered when my son was trying to decide on colleges my husband laid out an engineer flow chart of sorts with pros and cons of each impending choice and ultimately he chose the one he later met his future wife at. Decisions are not always fun but they are a part of life. Just pray and trust God to open doors that need opened and shut doors that should be closed. 

PRAYER: I know Lord I could choose unwisely and suffer repercussions from bad choices so help me be still, think, take time, and weigh the facts. In Jesus' name. Amen. 


No comments:

Post a Comment