Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Monday, August 26, 2013

SPOON FED?


Are you a spiritual baby? By this I mean do you show up at church on Sunday without even your heavenly "instruction" manual , the Bible, and expect the preacher, priest, or rabbi to "spoon feed" you or are you capable of doing it yourself? Do you require a bottle and baby food or can you eat meat? Something to ponder. If we expect to grow up and become mature we learn to feed ourselves. Why should it be any different with "spiritual food"? Do you want to remain in a high chair or booster seat all your life? Of course not.


In 1 Corinthians 3:2(NIV) we are told the following 'I gave you milk not solid food for you were not yet ready for it. Indeed you are still not ready.' Are you spiritually mature or still sucking a baby bottle? We have to grow up beyond John 3:16 and Psalm 23 which almost all people exposed to church are familiar with. The enemy does his very best to try to get you to stay spiritual babes as then you do not grow into spiritual maturity and have no power to really defeat the onslaught of things that will come your way. If Satan can make you think you really do not need to read a Bible or study it then he has done his job. Remember it says in John 10:10 that he comes to "kill, steal, and destroy." Take a moment and read John Chapter 10.
To be mature you need training and food to grow to stay healthy. In our spiritual walk that training is not just church once a week but it is taking time to study the Bible on your own and also in a small group. Do you desire to grow more Christlike or do you just want to stay ignorant of what God has in store for you in the word of God? It is called the truth and is the way to Eternal Life.

Today I urge you to make an effort to become mature in Christ. Do you desire to be spiritually mature and have the "meat" of His word or are you satisfied being mediocre and being a babe in Christ? My prayer is all of those who read this grow up strengthened by the power that is in the word.


PRAYER: Dear Lord thank you that I have access to a Bible. I often do not give it the priority I should. I know Lord I need more of you in my life. I am aware the enemy tries to throw me off course and wants me to be spiritually starved. I choose to grow up in Christ. In Jesus' name.Amen.
Click on link and worship in song.
Note:If you missed yesterdays' devotion and would like to read it you can access any past devotions at www.godslemonadestand.blogspot.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment