Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, August 25, 2013

HEAVEN




 
What is heaven and are you going to go there when you leave this earth some day? How do you know?
 
Many denominations teach many things, but it is the Bible that is our guidebook before leaving this Earth. Heaven is going to be wonderful. So many people assume just because they are a good person that that is all that is necessary to get the keys to get into heaven so to speak.

In 2 Corinthians 5:1-5(NIV) says 'For we know that if the earthly tent we live in is destroyed, we have a building from God, an eternal house in heaven, not built by human hands. Meanwhile we groan, longing to be clothed instead with our heavenly dwelling,because when we are clothed, we will not be found naked. For while we are in this tent, we groan and are burdened, because we do not wish to be unclothed but to be clothed instead with our heavenly dwelling, so that what is mortal may be swallowed up by life. Now the one who has fashioned us for this very purpose is God, who has given us the Spirit as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come.'

Hollywood may try to depict what their idea is of heaven but it says both Psalm 31:19 and 1 Corinthians 2:9 that basically no one can imagine what God has prepared for those that love Him. Read both verses.

People may say "I am a good person. I go to church. I help people" but the Bible says in Matthew7:21-23(NKJV) 'Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

Be sure you are ready. It is not just one denomination that will get in. There will also no doubt be surprises. We are so good at judging righteousness but God is the only judge. Our job is to pray.
 
 When you build a building such as your home there is always a cornerstone. I know when we built the home we are in now we had never built a home before so we dedicated this home to the Lord and placed the scripture from Joshua 24:15 which basically says "as for me and my house we will serve the Lord" and that is a way to remember who blessed us enough to be able to have this home and it is all His anyway. We are only on Earth for a very short while in the big scheme of things. Our home down here is dedicated to God but it is only temporary.
 
Several years ago my minister said something to the effect in 100 years from now no one would really know you. Even if you are famous sometimes people still will not recognize a name. You may have great grandchildren seeing pictures and things like that but everyone who knew you is basically going to be gone too. Hopefully we will be reunited with most in our heavenly kingdom.

Do you know Him and are you certain if you were to die you would be in the wonderful heavenly kingdom? If not say a simple prayer. "Lord Jesus I need you. I ask you to forgive me for ignoring you and doing my own thing. Forgive me for my sins. I want to live a life pleasing to you. I ask you into my heart right who's. Amen."

PRAYER: Thank you Lord for your word, The Bible, for in it I learn about what to do to have eternal life and be with you in heaven. Help me realize my time here on this earth is so fleeting and to live like I will be I eternity tomorrow for I never know. Help me to do my part to share Jesus with family and friends that think church membership or getting baptized is all they need. Father forgive me when I myself have turned my back on the truth. Deliver me into your heavenly kingdom when it is my time. In Jesus' name. Amen.
 
Click on link below and praise the Lord in song.

Note: Strange but true story...today I had already completed this devotion and as I always do was ready to post it this morning. I could not find it in the folder on my computer where I keep my writing, I looked and looked but in the meantime stayed calm. I look at it as spiritual warfare as this one was talking about getting into heaven and of course Satan does not want people to hear about that. Some would say " oh yeah sure. It is just a coincidence." I was able to find a rough draft so rebuilt it from there. To God be The Glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment