Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Monday, August 12, 2013

JUNIOR MOMENTS ARE GREAT!


Since I am part of a group called "Hopelifters" I need to be spreading hope. That means being positive and joyful and trying to look up and be grateful and not look down in despair and anguish. Some of my readers may not be old enough to ever have used the term "senior moment" and may in fact think 40 is extremely old. It's not. My job today is to spread hope so no longer will we say "senior moment" or put yourself down when you forget some thing okay?

No matter what age you are I am certain you have misplaced keys, forgotten your sunglasses, locked your keys in the car, did not write a compete address on a letter and so on. I am sure we can add to the list.

If you are blessed with say fifty or more years do not keep saying "I am having a senior moment" but try saying "I am having a junior moment" instead. I did it the other day at a post office when I had to mail back a folder that came back to me with one number wrong in the address. Stuff happens okay?


We have the "mind of Christ" and I am pretty sure Christ would not be walking around making himself into a joke or putting himself down. Try to focus on positive things once again. If you are say 50, 60, 70, 80, 90 and beyond you have much to contribute. You are not washed up. Even though our modern world likes to only highlight youthful people in their advertisements unless it is for some product like laxatives we are to be thinking on "things above".

Let me leave you with a verse to memorize. 'Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.' Philippians 4:8(NIV)

Now go out no matter what your age and make a difference in the world around you.

PRAYER: Thank you Lord for each year of life and for the mind you have given me. Help me Lord to not be negative or put myself down but to rejoice and be glad in each and every day of life you have given me to shine for you. In Jesus' name.Amen.

Check out the following website:
Www.hopelifters.org

No comments:

Post a Comment