Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Saturday, August 10, 2013

HEY LOOK AT THE RAINBOW!!


 
A few days ago I was flying back from Phoenix where I had been for the celebration of the newest release from author and friend Kathe Wunnenberg entitled, "Hopelifter Creative Ways To Spread Hope When Life Hurts." (I have a teeny tiny contribution in her wonderful book.) Anyway no sooner than we had taken off and the city was no longer in view the female passenger to my right tapped me on the arm and said "Hey look at that rainbow!" I do not recall ever seeing a rainbow before at this altitude above the clouds. It was pretty awesome! I wish I had taken a picture but my camera was packed away.
Rainbows are a sign of hope and promise. Rainbows are beautiful and they help bring peace and even joy to a tired weary soul. How many of you reading enjoy gazing up into the sky after a rain storm and looking for a rainbow? I love them. The rainbow is a gift from God. Rainbows are simply a beautiful sight to behold.
There is a favorite children's song of mine that was popular when my adult sons were little entitled "Rainbow Connection" sung by none other than the Muppets Kermit the Frog. It is a delightful little tune.Some of you may be humming it now just at the mention of the name.
Here I had been in Phoenix celebrating a book about hope and here was this magnificent handiwork of God right outside my airplane window.
Genesis 9:13-16(NIV) says 'I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth. Whenever I bring clouds over the earth and the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will remember my covenant between me and you and all living creatures of every kind. Never again will the waters become a flood to destroy all life. Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth." Indeed rainbows are a sign of hope.
What are you hoping for today? Have you talked to Jesus yet today? Imagine how lonely you would be if no one ever talked to you. God is waiting to hear you speak to him. Also thank Him for those rainbows in your life!
PRAYER: Lord Jesus thank you for the hope you give us through signs and wonders such as the rainbow. In it's beauty I think of your awesome power and magnificence. Thank you Lord for hearing my prayers. In Jesus' name. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Becky: One of my closest friends ALWAYS looks for the rainbow after a storm. I have seen her stop what she was doing to go outside and scan the sky in search of one. She is a children's worker in our church. She worked in day care settings for several years. She has taught children to look for the rainbow. She relates the story from Genesis to them.

    ReplyDelete