Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

YOUR EFFORT OR TRUST GOD?

When you feel God is not working or not working fast enough have you ever taken matters into your own hands? You probably know what the outcome of that will be. Many stories in the Bible of impatient people do not have good endings.
It is so difficult to wait and trust God. We pray, cry out to God, and yet nothing. Perhaps it is time to know God heard you and to try to put your focus somewhere else. Think of ways to help others. Write a letter to someone without access to a computer or without the knowledge of how to even use one. Find a project to get involved in. Volunteer your time somewhere. Pray for the needs of others as well. Clean your house. Go to the gym or out for a walk. These are just some ideas. I heard someone once say "Helping you is helping me" and as a matter of fact I think it might even be a book title. But it is very true. Focus on something else and do not try to play God. Bible teacher Joyce Meyer coined the term "Holy Spirit Junior" which I love and use lots.
Say you are waiting for your prayers to be answered for a family member. Maybe it is your spouse. You can not wait so you open up your mouth and say something you wish you had not. In other words tried to be his or her "Holy Spirit Junior". Not a good idea.
Today try to have your quiet time and lift up your concerns but then know you have given them to the Lord and He cares and He has as a plan. Trust Him.
'Trust in the Lord with all your heart. Lean not unto your own understanding. In all our ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your path.' Proverbs 3:5-6(NIV)
PRAYER: Thank you Lord that you hear my prayer. Thank you Lord for helping me to be patient. Forgive me Lord when all I do is worry. You want me to give my cares to you then let go. Help me as I seek to do that. In Jesus' name. Amen.
Note: To insure you receive this email when I happen to be out of town and having computer issues you can sign up for it on my blogspot site at www.godslemonadestand.blogspot.com. Be blessed today!

1 comment:

  1. Becky: This gives me a lot to think about. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete