Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Saturday, August 24, 2013

SOMEDAY MAY NEVER COME

Do you ever intend to do something, go somewhere, meet up with a
friend, or perhaps meet a new person? I think we all probably do. I
had good intentions of meeting a beautiful lady who was a member of
our contemporary worship team at church but never got to. She died of
cancer Monday.

I had messaged her through Facebook and mailed her cards during her
ordeal with chemo and the few times she was back in church either up
singing on stage or just in a chair I never went forward to introduce
myself. Now I have to wait till I get to heaven someday. This lady had
a wonderful spirit which came across even on messages. For several
years I watched her up front singing praises to The Lord but never got
to meet her. She is singing with Jesus now and her husband and two
children are left here on earth missing her and I am sure deeply
grieving.

The point of my devotion is do not keep saying stuff and putting it
off as you may not get another chance. That card you intend to send.
That apology you intend to render. That visit you intend to make. That
gift you intend to give. That thank you you intend to say. That love
you intend to show.

I have little notes on my phone from this friend I never met but I am
sure she is delighting to be in the arms of Jesus now. No more tears.
No more pain. No more suffering. No more earthly cares and concerns.
Left behind are people who wonder why she died so young.

Friend you may not get another chance to show kindness or say
something to someone you love. Do not keep putting things off. Be pro
active and initiate things so later on you won't have regrets. We do
not know how long we will be on this Earth. Don't hold grudges and
hatred in your heart but instead make an effort to be loving and forgive people.

Read the Bible and study it. Don't wait for someone else to read it on
Sunday. Get to know about Jesus. Pick up His word and start growing in
Christ right now.

Do you know you would go to heaven if you suddenly died? Are you sure?
You can ask forgiveness of your sins and ask Him into your heart
today. He is only a prayer away.

In Philippians 1:22-23(NIV) it says 'If I am to go on living in the body this will mean fruitful labor for me. Yet what shall I choose? I do not know.I am torn between the two. I desire to depart and be with Christ , which is better by far.'
Do the best you can to serve Christ down here and on Earth and live like today may be your last on Earth. Do not always wait for the other person to initiate the first contact.
PRAYER: Thank You Lord for the opportunities for impacting others lives. Help me Lord not to always think of ways to make myself more comfortable but help me reach out to others and make a difference in their life and they in mine, before it is too late. In Jesus' name. Amen.
Click link below and praise God for who He is today and always!

1 comment:

  1. You have given me a lot to think about.I ran into a lady yesterday evening. I told her we had tomatoes growing in our yard.Hers weren't doing well. I told her I would try to get her some of ours. Hubby picked some this afternoon. When I took them to her, I asked about a mutual friend. This mutual friend had joint replacement surgeries over a period of at least a year. Now that mutual friend is preparing for surgery on her bowels. I am concerned for this mutual friend.

    ReplyDelete