Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

COME ON CELEBRATE!


Celebrations are nice. We celebrate promotions, freedom, birthdays, holidays, victories, retirement,graduations,  Baptisms, new jobs, book releases, births, marriages, and even celebrate life at funerals instead of mourning the deceased. Yes we do like to celebrate.

When Jesus returns in all His  glory it will be the biggest and best celebration ever. I can not think of anyone that does not like an occasion to have a party and get together with friends.

Today marks the release of a book I have a very tiny part in but I am still super thrilled. It is a real "God thing" and I am today on my way back from Arizona where this past Sunday we prayed, dedicated,  and celebrated together with the author of the book my friend Kathe Wunnenberg and other contributors to this project. The name of the book is Hopelifter: Creative Ways to Spread Hope When Life Hurts.

I am so excited for her and this new book. It is a real thrill to know you had a teeny tiny little part that made it in. "To God Be The Glory" I say. God is so good.

He has a plan and purpose for each persons life and life indeed is to be celebrated. Just breathing each and every day is reason to celebrate. Being able to  have people who love you is reason to celebrate. Take time today and find something in your life to celebrate.

Psalm 118:24(NIV) says 'This is the day the Lord has made we shall rejoice and be glad in it.' Thank you Jesus!

PRAYER: Father I thank you for the opportunities I have each day to celebrate life and the gift of life. I thank you for the gifts and abilities you have placed within me. Help me never compare myself to someone else or get haughty if I feel what I do is more important. Keep me humble dear Lord. Thank you again Lord for another day to celebrate. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment