Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, August 18, 2013

THE ARM TELLS THE STORY






While writing one day at a local coffee shop, a friendly lady with a tattoo on her upper arm, walked in and was waiting on her coffee. I am not a tattoo person and it is not for me to judge this issue one way or the other. Anyway she had a beautiful flower and what appeared to be the word "God" on her arm so I proceeded to ask her what it said. I do not remember it exactly but it was something to the effect that "God can get me through anything" or something similar. I gave her a thumbs up. Then I said to myself "Perfect devotion topic".
Christians can put on cross necklaces and take them off. We can have a Christian decal on our car but it can be scraped off if we change our mind. There are many fine Christian  tee shirts or neck ties for men that can be purchased. Once again they can be removed. A tattoo is pretty permanent so the person better be sure what they want before doing it.
When we represent Christ to others we need to be acting Christlike. If you don a Christian garment then better try to be a good witness. Same with the bumper sticker on your vehicle. Watch that speed! But it is rather hard to run away from a permanent skin marking. Other than covering it up with a sweater or jacket, it is there. If you start acting up there it is. I know we all sin and fall short of God's glory as it says in Romans 3:23.
This illustration though I thought was a good one. When you are out and about whether people can "tell" you are a believer or not we still should be acting like his "ambassadors" here on Earth.(2 Corinthians 5:20).  Are you being a good representative for Him or is there an area in your life that need some tweaking?
Colossians 3:17(NIV) reminds us 'whatever you do whether in word or deed , do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.'
PRAYER: Thank you Lord for the opportunity I have each day to show and share your love with those I come in contact with. I love to let your light shine so help me be the best example possible. In Jesus' name. Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment