Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Saturday, August 3, 2013

PRAY AS YOU GO


We all have probably heard the terminology, "pay as you go". That sort of rhymes with "pray as you go" which I find is a valuable topic to give insight on. We should be praying in season and out of season. 1 Thessalonians 5:17(NIV) reminds us to 'pray continually.' Luke 18:1(NIV) says  to 'pray and never give up.' 

Pray is simply "talking to God", that's it. No fancy language or "thee's" or " thous" are needed. Depending on what church background you were raised in you might find it difficult to "pray as you go". Maybe you are used to formally memorized and recited prayers. Try to just simply talk to God, praise His name, and give Him glory. Matthew 6:7(NIV) says 'and when you pray do not keep on babbling like the pagans, for they think they will be heard for their many words.' In other words you do not need a theological degree to pray to God. He is our friend and He is waiting to hear from we His children around the clock. He is never off duty.

When you go about your day each day you need to try to be in an attitude of prayer. There is no need to wait till Sunday to pray in church but pray at all times. Pray driving down the road. Pray when you are walking about doing your errands. Pray when you work. Perhaps you can plan a "prayer walk" which is specifically set aside  to walk some area in need of prayer and pray quietly as walk along if you are somewhere you are able to and not draw attention to yourself. We are not to be doing is to say "Hey look at me! Aren't I great." 

How many of us tend to give up on God or get mad when things do not go as planned? Just keep doing life with God and keep praising Him and do not forget to thank Him for His answers. Jeremiah 33:3(NIV) often referred to as "God's phone number" says 'Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.' Make sure your heart is right because in Psalm 66:18(NIV) it says 'If I had cherished sin in my heart, the Lord would not have listened.' 

Is your heart right with God? Are you harboring hate, resentment, bitterness, jealously, or evil thoughts? Perhaps it is time to have a "come to Jesus moment" and get your heart right with Hi, then pray on wherever life takes you.

PRAYER: Dear Lord I love you and want to be able to not harbor bad stuff in my heart. I know sometimes there are things that crop up that Satan wants me to keep mulling over but I also know my heart needs to be right before you. Lord I confess my sin of _______________ (fill in the blank) and ask you to come into my heart and soften it and make me a new creation in Christ. In Jesus' name. Amen.

NOTE: There is a superb prayer ministry for ladies entitled Moms in Prayer(formerly Moms in Touch) which are moms and grandmoms praying for children and their schools, careers, or military. Check it out at www.momsinprayer.org
Men could no doubt benefit from their formula the Four Steps of Prayer. Check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment