Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

LOVE OF GOD THROUGH OTHERS


 Last week I was in a coffee shop writing when I looked up and a beautiful child who had Down's Syndrome was in the chair next to me. I said hello and she was very friendly pointing to her mother buying her a drink at the counter. When her mom got ready to sit down the child leaned over and gave me a huge hug. I loved it! Then a few moments later when they got ready to leave she once again hugged me. What a great feeling! Many people may find it strange around certain people who do not seem "perfect" in world's eyes but I might ask who of us is perfect anyway?

The love this little girl showed was the kind of love Jesus shows us. Unconditional, arms wide open, smiling. How many of us could stand to learn a lesson from this little girl? Society seems to want to get rid of imperfect people. Who is to say what a person who appears defective can't contribute vitally to society. Everyone is valuable in God's eyes and we are to love like Jesus loves.

This child was such a blessing. It made my day being hugged like that! Are you able to give "hugs" say in the form of a smile as you pass strangers each day? So many people look so grouchy and unhappy and you would be surprised if you shared the love of Jesus through your smile what a difference it may make in their day.

Mark 12:30-31(NIV) reminds us to 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’There is no commandment greater than these.” Love even those people you find it hard to love. You know who I mean. The person who said something cruel behind your back. Perhaps a co worker who lied about you to get ahead. Maybe even a friend who decided she or he did not like you anymore for whatever reason. God's love is unconditional and so should ours be.

Today why not try to ignore mean people in your life and pray for them. Also try sharing that smile and remembering to love others like Jesus would love.

PRAYER: Father forgive me when I have maybe not been nice to someone who hurt me. Forgive me for not being unconditional with your love inside of me. Today I purpose to start allowing your love to flow through me and mold me and change me. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment