Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, August 11, 2013

WORK IS A BLESSING...SAY WHAT?

A few days ago I heard a lady complaining about her job. Someone asked her how things were going and she replied something to the effect that everything but her work was great. Granted I know there are situations with impossible bosses, bad work conditions, or harsh treatment of employees, but to be able to have employment in this day and age is a blessing. Even probably the greatest job in the world has its' downside.
The attitude we should have as a believer is "how can I impact my workplace for Christ. How can I overlook the hurtful co workers or back biting that may occur." Realize God is instrumental in where you are and ask Him to make you a light in a dark place.
One of my favorite verses about work or life in general is found in Colossians 3:23(NIV) and it says 'Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving.' You may have to pray for God to give you the strength and ability to love impossible bosses or co workers. Pray also for a good attitude.
Work is necessary in order to provide for yourself and your family. The Bible says in 2 Thessalonians 3:10(ESV) it says 'For even when we were with you, we would give you this command:If anyone is not willing to work, let him not eat.' Those who get constant handouts lose the desire to contribute to society and work but think it is the government who needs to take care of them.

Consider your job a blessing. If you are a stay home mom be grateful as you are being able to be a full time leadership developer and impact the next generation. I always hate it to hear stay home moms say they are "just" a mom.

No matter what your job is do it just as if Jesus were right there beside you. Ask Him for opportunities to be a light in a dark world.

PRAYER: Lord Jesus help me whatever I do to be an example for you whether in my home or in the work place. Help me shine your light out into the world around me which desperately needs you. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment