Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, October 14, 2012

YACKETY YAK




Sometimes we can talk too much.There are times to talk and times to be silent. There are also places our parents taught us to be silent such as in church, at a funeral, at a play, in the movie theater,and in class. I am sure you can add to this list. Have you ever been somewhere you wanted peace and someone is 'yacking'  inappropriately and you can not concentrate?  Happens to me lots as I go places to write. I always feel God is giving me an opportunity to develop patience and peace myself. And when I am the one with a friend talking I always ask if I am disturbing someone if they look busy.

I guess the key to this is to develop a spirit of patience,peace, and self control. Self control so you do not inadvertently spout off and are rude to the person even though they maybe rude. Sort of a way to not repay evil for evil.  Patience is needed so you do not lose control and get angry. You learn to go with the flow so to speak.

Galatians 5:22 says "But the fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,  gentlest, and self control. Against such things there is no law." it can be easy to pop a cork so if this is a weak area ask God to give you the ability to achieve this. Ecclesiastes 3:7 reminds us "there is a time to speak and a time to be silent."  When you get annoyed it is probably best to deal with it and zip your lip. The best thing sometimes said is nothing at all.

PRAYER: I thank you Lord for ears to hear and a month to speak. Help me to be silent when needed and speak when needed. And when someone is talking and annoying me help me to remain quiet and show your love . In Jesus name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment