Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

PEACE BE WITH YOU


In the world we live in it is hard to have peace. The media bombards us with hype and fear. Perhaps you wake up in the morning and feed yourself a steady diet of depressing news, celebrity gossip, and the local paper. If so, do you feel any better when done with what to many is a morning ritual? The answer, if you are honest, is probably no. How can you feel positive and peaceful with a steady diet of lies, gossip, and fear? As a believer you have a choice. Waste one hour watching morning shows or spend the same time getting closer to God. The newspaper or the Bible. Your choice. Which is first in your life? Be honest.

Many forget about God each day. Church is enough many think. In past blog writings I have mentioned about not being 'conformed' to this world. Challenge yourself to be different and be set apart for kingdom work. Strengthen the spirit and focus on Christ. Don't get into the pattern of thinking you need to know about the Kardashians before Jesus. Why does it matter? Will it improve your life?

It is very difficult to maintain peace, joy, and love when the things of the world consume your every waking hour and there is no time for Jesus. If you know the news is going to depress you why even bother listening to it. Surround yourself with things that make for a peaceful life and keep those things that drag you away from the joy of the Lord out of your life.
In Isaiah 26:3 it says "You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you." I find it odd as I wrote this devotion a few days ago I accidentally hit the delete button instead of the save button and never did find it in the trash on my computer. I just laughed and went about recreating it knowing the enemy was trying to steal my peace while I wrote about peace.
Do you have peace today? If not turn on to God and tune out those things in your life causing fear and worry.
PRAYER: Father I thank you for helping me maintain peace when the world around me is going crazy. Help me look to you instead of the news to keep my focus in the correct place. In Jesus name. Amen.
Click on link below to worship God in song.
Note:Let us not forget to pray for those in the Northeast being hit by one of worst storms ever. Let us not worry and fear but trust God. He is sovereign over all!

No comments:

Post a Comment