Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Friday, October 26, 2012

LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO BE UNHAPPY



As I sit writing at a crowded neighborhood coffee shop, the barista named Bob, behind the counter,when a customer said to him, "Boy are you in a good mood!" his response is my title above. It is so very true. Life is short. We do not know when God will call us home and our earthly service will be completed. He is the one who knows the day and the hour. It is important to stay happy. Turn that frown upside down. What good does it do to go around all gloomy? Try smiling and see if your attitude changes. People also say to me "How are you today?" My reply many times is "If I were any better I'd be twins." This gentleman working at the coffee shop answered the same question by exclaiming , "If I were any better the government would have to tax me twice."

Each day is a gift from God and an opportunity to shine for Jesus. If you love Jesus let your eyes sparkle and wear a smile! In the musical 'Annie' there was a song whose lyrics said "You're never fully dressed without a smile." Look around you. Do people around you display joy?

Matthew 24:6 says "No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven or the Son, but only the Father." The time you have on earth should be used to serve others. Look at people you pass and give them a smile. Ecclesiastes 3:2 says " A time to be born and a time to die. A time to plant and a time to pluck up what has been planted."

Many people dread their week especially those working in jobs they do not enjoy. They want Friday to hurry and be here. I heard an evangelist once say "It's Friday, But Sunday is coming!" so instead of being excited for 'Casual Friday' at work why not look in anticipation of the day you get to have fellowship with others.

So are you enjoying your life? If no,t find a way to help somebody. Volunteer at an assisted living center or a hospital. Go out and shine and radiate the love of God wherever your life takes you! Each day is a chance to start over if you have messed up seem way. Live every day to the fullest not knowing how much time you have left.

Psalm 90:2 says " Teach us to number our days aright that we may gain a heart of wisdom."
Talk to any cancer survivor and they will no doubt tell you they are thankful for each day they are alive here on the Earth. Sometimes a brush with death helps us think of life differently. I have come close a couple times myself once being when I was sucked out to sea by rip tides while I was snorkeling and believe me it taught me the value of being alive.

Psalm 39:4 says "Show me Oh Lord my life's end and the number of my days, let me know how fleeting is my life." Death will come to all of us and it is nothing to fear if you know the Lord. In the meantime why not start making it a point to bless someone each and every day you are alive and well.

Get up and thank God saying Psalm 139:4 "This is the day the Lord has made. Will rejoice and be glad in it!"

PRAYER: Lord Jesus forgive me if I eve walk around gloomy thinking only of myself and my problems. Lord I know you want the joy of your presence to radiate to others. From this day forward I am going to make it a point to shine for you. In Jesus name. Amen.
Click on link below to listen to Nashville song writer Sonia Lee in a song of hope:

No comments:

Post a Comment