Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

OVERLOOK MEAN SPEECH


Have you ever been talked down to or verbally abused? If so, human nature wants to get back and get even. God's nature is one of self control, love and overlooking an offense. To argue back and forth is going to go nowhere. It is likely many of those who can not control their mouth and their anger need to ask Jesus into their hearts and perhaps go to anger management class. Many who are angry sometimes think, in an odd way, that their anger is totally justified.
Try reading Psalm 19:4 out loud. It says "Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in your sight  oh Lord my rock and my redeemer." Give the person to God who is being ugly. It may be a friend, family member or a complete stranger. Peace, love and overlooking an offense are what will win the victory.

James 1:19-20 says it well. " My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, because human anger does not produce the righteousness that God desires."
So be the bigger person and show Christian love and let it go.
PRAYER: Lord God I thank you for the ability to talk. Help me be cautious in what I say and how I respond to someone who is beating me up with their words. Help me to show love no matter what. In Jesus name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment