Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, October 28, 2012

TAKE UP YOUR SWORD!!



 When a soldier goes into battle he takes what he needs to defeat his enemy. In the past the sword was a very useful weapon for defeat of our enemies. Bayonets are still on the end of some rifles used in combat in order to charge the enemy.

As Christians, in defeating our greatest enemy, which is Satan, we too have a sword and that is the word of God referred to as a 'sword' in Ephesians 6:17. It is one of the pieces of the armor of God we need to have in order to defeat Satan.

Hebrews 4:12 says "For the word of God is living and active sharper than any two edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart."

Our battle is not against flesh and blood but against spiritual forces of darkness. Your Bible has many truths and promises which you can speak out loud, and stop this enemy in his tracks. But how do you do this and what verses do you read? You have to study God's word and make it part of your daily life. Do not just call on God when you are in trouble then keep Him in a box the rest of the time.

Psalm 119:11 says "Thy word I have hidden in my heart that I might not sin against you." Is God's word in your heart? Are you able to fight off those flaming darts on the battlefield of life?

PRAYER: I need you in my life in good times and in bad Lord. Seems at times it is easy to think things are going okay and to not focus on the word of God and sometimes not even bother to read it till Sunday and then only in church. It is my most important tool in my spiritual arsenal besides prayer. Keep that in my memory Lord as I run the race against my enemies to win. In Jesus name. Amen.

Click on link for awesome song of praise.

No comments:

Post a Comment