Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Saturday, October 20, 2012

WISHING,HOPING,THINKING, AND PRAYING


Back in the 60's there was a pop song with this title. We wish, hope,and think but the real key thing in life to do is to mainly pray. Pray and pray some more. Luke 18:1 reminds us to "Pray and never give up." How many times do you feel like giving up when your prayers do not seem to make a difference? Don't quit, but think of that verse. Believe and know that God does hear and he does care.

We can do all the wishing and hoping and thinking in the world but praying is what truly matters. Praying is simply talking to God. Many people may feel they need to throw in some fancy language in order to get God to listen. You can pray at all times and guess what? You do not need to close your eyes. Pray while you are driving your car. Instead of turning on the radio keep it quiet and try talking to God.


Psalm 121:1 says "I will lift my eyes up unto the hills from where comes my help."
Psalm 120:1 says "In my distress I called to the Lord and He heard me."
1 Thessalonians 5:17 reminds us to "Pray without ceasing."
Take time today to talk to God. He is only a prayer away.Our hope is in the Lord!


PRAYER: Lord I thank you for hearing my prayers. I thank you for guiding me daily. In Jesus name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment