Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Friday, July 15, 2016

Emotionally Attached?


"
Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink?
 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’ "
The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’ Matthew 25:37-40

On a visit to Nashville with my great niece and nephew recently we were leaving a place called The Listening Room
Cafe carrying out my leftovers in a styrofoam box. Passing several homeless looking people on the street on way back to the parking garage, one man said to my nephew Brian, "Are you emotionally attached to those leftovers?" Obviously we were not and let the man have them. As we strolled away to our comfortable car for the ride home I glanced back and sure enough this man was eating my leftover pulled pork, slaw, and potatoes not caring about my germs. He was hungry. 

Most of us have it pretty good compared to the rest of the world. Even a poor person in this country is better off than someone in a Third World nation. Opportunities to share the love of Jesus are all around you. Many are familiar with those people typically men you see at exit ramp asking for money. There are possibly many frauds among them. Much easier to ask for a handout than to work. But if in your heart you feel led to give then it is between that person and God if they lied about their need. 

What kind of needs do you see that you could meet? 

PRAYER: Help me Lord to be kind to those hurting and broken hearted. Perhaps maybe it is time to check into visiting a lonely person at a nursing home or shelter. Maybe just paying for the guys food behind me in the fast food restaurant line. Direct me to meeting a need. In Jesus' name. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment