Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Friday, July 8, 2016

Celebrity Lookalikes



For God, who said, "Let light shine out of darkness," made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of God's glory displayed in the face of Christ.2 Corinthians 4:6

I have a habit of finding celebrity lookalikes for people. Just the other day the manager of a restaurant we were dining in looked just like Blake Shelton. I pulled up the real Blake Shelton's picture on my phone and then I showed it to the manager. He said. "I get that allot". I told him he  probably was Blake just posing as a restaurant manager. His face turned red.

The celebrity we should all try to 'look like' is Jesus Christ. To ignore him totally in your day and in some cases not even attend church because it is boring or Sunday is your only day off is not a good excuse. If you feel this way perhaps you may have never even truly asked Him to be Lord of your life or you have but Satan has blinded you and 'things of this world' have taken center stage more than Jesus. Maybe you need to find a church home where Jesus' words are alive and you look forward to Sundays!

Would you like people to be able to actually tell that you loved Jesus and were sold out to Him without the aids such as a Christian bumper sticker, cross necklace, or Christian tee shirt? You can be a Jesus 'lookalike' in Spirit by being transformed daily by reading His word each day. Start today to make yourself more in the image of Christ. 

PRAYER: I know the enemy would love me to be saturated with the things of this world and neglect getting to know Christ better and radiate that glow. Guard my heart Father so that the lies of this world do not affect me. In Jesus' name. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment