Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Hanging On


I wait for the Lord, my whole being waits, and in his word I put my hope.
I wait for the Lord more than watchmen wait for the morning, more than watchmen wait for the morning. Psalm 130:5-6

Waiting is hard to do in this instant society. You want things to happen yesterday. After praying and praying for something, sometimes you can grow weary and just give up. I like to run and have been in a few races in my time and believe me it is discouraging when you want to quit and walk, but the finish line is just around the bend. Losing weight can take effort particularly for those not prone to much activity. Waiting to hear back after a job interview. Waiting on your test grades or a medical report. The list goes on.

What is it that you are waiting for that is requiring you to keep hanging on and not letting go of hope? I feel waiting and patience is all part of God's plan for each of his human creatures.  Can you imagine if you got everything just when you asked? You would be like a spoiled baby demanding your own way. God intends to grow and shape us through life experiences and sometimes that requires being still and patient. 

Try to purposely make your mind be still. Get anxious thoughts out of your head. Meditate on some of the Psalms in the Old Testament. Above all stop doubting that God does not care or hear. 

PRAYER: This is the day you have made and I choose to rejoice and be glad in it no matter what! I know you have a plan and know the 'big picture' so when I tend to try to rush things help slow me down Lord. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment