Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Saturday, July 9, 2016

Hug Your Bible


"The days are coming," declares the Sovereign LORD, "when I will send a famine through the land-- not a famine of food or a thirst for water, but a famine of hearing the words of the LORD. Amos 8:11
When we have tornado warnings here in the Southeast to the magnitude the weather radio is warning us to seek immediate shelter, the first thing I grab is one of my Bibles. I treasure the word and want to have it with me. Is your Bible important to you? Do you often see those close to you who seemingly have lost their love for God's word?
I feel it is easy to become complacent about the wonderful things we have in a free country. Many countries are not allowed to have God's word and are killed for it. It is God's word that sets the captive free. There has been a major assault on God's word by atheists groups trying to get it removed from hotels, military bases, schools and more. Satanic forces know the power it carries. 
Do you have enough of God's word stored up in your heart that if enemies of the cross of Christ took it physically away from you it would still be retained by you? Just something to think about in these trying times.
PRAYER: I treasure your Word Lord. I pray for those whose love for you has grown cold,some within our own families. I pray you will stir a hunger for the Word and re ignite the passions in hearts that have become complacent. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment