Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Stop Watering Dead Plants


Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28

My title could also refer  to trying to shove doors open that are apparently stuck. In other words relationships come and go. This should not mean marital bonds as they are sacred and meant to be kept. But sometimes we try and try to get someone to like us to no avail. Move on.

 Examples might be a conservative hated and not tolerated by his or her liberal friends. A Christian who others may think it a little nutty or overboard. Animosity over loyalty to a rival sports team can get crazy sometime. You are unfriended on Facebook and keep trying to get that person to 'like' you.

The thing is God loves us and we are to love like God. You can be nice but sometimes it is not well received. There could be underlying causes. It is hard to say. Don't stop loving and praying but let it go and move on.

 PRAYER: Help me to still have live in my heart for those who reject me or who do not see eye to eye with me. Help me be faithful in prayer. In Jesus' name. Amen.

NOTE: If you failed to receive God's Lemonade Stand over the 4th of July weekend please go to see all devotions at www.godslemonadestand.blogspot.com and there you will see all of them not only from this weekend but as far back as 2010. 

No comments:

Post a Comment