Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Friday, July 22, 2016

Temporary Residents

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind.Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will. Romans 12:2

As a soldier in the US Army later also married to a soldier there was a familiar acronym TDY which stood for Temporary Duty. This was when a soldier was sent away from their home base for an additional duty for a few weeks. Not necessarily deployed as in wartime. Once I did TDY as a Reserve Evaluator. 

As a Christian we are TDY of sorts as well. This world is not supposed to be our real home and it is not! We are TDY waiting for our ultimate assignment to the heavenly kingdom. That is if you have asked Jesus to be Lord of your life and are sold out to Him.

If you become too in love with the things of this world it becomes where your affections lie. Being here on Earth is so very temporary. It is a training ground for our real home in Heaven.  Are you allowing this world to shape you too much? 

PRAYER: I thank you for the place I live. I know many are not as blessed in other parts of my country and the world in general but help me never fall in love with temporal things. Use me as your instrument to spread your love while I am here. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment