Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Friday, July 1, 2016

Dealing With Sourpusses


Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God. Colossians 3:16

Half full or half empty. Positive outlook or doomsday. Happy go lucky or burdened and angry. When I hear of people who are less than pleasant to encounter I tell friends to give them a dose of this lemonade each morning then pray. You can't force someone to be nice but we can pray.

 Various things cause irritated people. Being ugly, rude, mean spirited after just praising God in church makes no sense yet how many readers may have encountered a family scenario of just this? Kindness is always supposed to be the order of the day but not all embrace it.

 Arguments happen and meanness occurs and yet some feel justified in this response.
If you are the recipient of ugliness blow it off then pray for this person. If you have been convicted of being the hurtful one go apologize and start anew being kind.

PRAYER: So many times Lord when others are mean to me or hurt me somehow I just want to run. Instead show me how to respond with Christian love and of itself behave ugly help me ask forgiveness. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment