Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Thursday, July 28, 2016

The Cross Brings Peace


For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. James 1:3

At a recent visit to the local VA Clinic in Huntsville, a gentleman who apparently worked there,  was passing out American flag cross lapel pins. After I got over the shock of this actually occurring,  I proceeded to put it on the shirt I was wearing. It did bring me both comfort, hope, and joy.

During this time I sat waiting for lab work,a rather disgruntled female veteran with two knee replacements and a host of other issues was sharing her woes with me and I said to her as I saw the same lapel pin cross in her hand, "at least you have that cross to give you some hope." Life does bring things to irritate us. On this same day after waiting almost an hour for a lab appointment a kind  nurse came out and said she was sorry but someone messed up and there was no scheduled appointment. I did not get mad, even though I was starving from having fasted over 12 hours for this appointment,  but simply pointed to my cross and said it was okay and smiled. 

Is something bothering you that you need to just let go and move on?Anger only inflames many situations. Wherever you are and whatever you are going through just remember the cross of Christ and try to smile. 

PRAYER: Help me Lord as I seek to pursue peace in all situations that I may encounter. Help me also let my light shine in the darkness around me. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment