Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Monday, July 25, 2016

Keep Running

Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last, but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. 1 Corinthians 9: 24-25
I love to run and am thankful I still can. Granted I am not as fast as I used to be but still enjoy it. In life each of us is a 'runner' pressing on in this race we call life.

Sadly I have known people who have taken their own lives and those who attempted to, but thankfully failed. My heart goes out to especially the parents and families of these individuals. Life is not a bed of roses all the time and there will be challenges. Don't catch yourself judging these individuals who gave up on their race. That is not your job. 

Fix your eyes on the cross of Christ. If you catch your mind drifting into negative thinking patterns immediately get into the word of God. Talk out loud and tell Satan to get behind you and that you belong to Jesus. Keep pressing on to the finish line! 

PRAYER: Lord Jesus sometimes it is so hard to keep on keeping on. You gave me life and have a reason for me being on planet Earth. When negative thoughts come into my mind I will counteract them with praising you. In Jesus' name. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment