Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, July 10, 2016

Hidden Vegetables

Still others, like seed sown among thorns, hear the word; but the worries of this life, the deceitfulness of wealth and the desires for other things come in and choke the word, making it unfruitful. Others, like seed sown on good soil, hear the word, accept it, and produce a crop—some thirty, some sixty, some a hundred times what was sown.” Mark 4:18-20

I have a fairly large garden but I am not the world's best gardener.  There are so many weeds I need to pull to be able to find the vegetables sometimes. Recently when my great niece and nephew were visiting she was fascinated by the country life and our garden but had to admit it was difficult to find the vegetables ready to harvest among the choking weeds. 

Our spiritual life can be sort of similar to my weed infested garden. There maybe good 'fruit' in you, but at times the cares of the world, acting too much like the world, trying to fit into the world's idea of success can cause us to be choked out and not grow for Christ. Maybe at times our 'fruit' can't bloom because of all this junk. 

Is it time to pull some weeds in your own life and let your good fruit have a chance to grow and blossom for Christ? 

PRAYER: Many times Lord I allow worldly things to push you out and thus choke the fruit of the Spirit out of my life. I choose to 'weed' my spiritual garden each day so it produces good fruit. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment