Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, July 31, 2016

Jesus Is The Reason For Every Season


Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. John 14:6

Around mid July I saw my first Christmas advertisement on TV. I am sure there are probably stores with Christmas displays already. It is a little difficult to get into the Christmas spirit when it is the end of July or even anytime in the fall. 

Jesus is not just for Christmas although many acknowledge Him only on that day. Christmas starts to lose its' special meaning of a Holy holiday when it gets too commercial. It starts to become way down on the list of favorite holidays simply because of the stress surrounding the preparations. It does not have to be that way and should not. 

Jesus is the reason for every season. Without Him life has no meaning and we would seek to exist. Why not make a point to keep Jesus special each of the 365 days of the year and not get in a frantic tizzy trying to do everything just so for that one special day we celebrate this Christian holiday.

PRAYER: This is the day you have made Lord and I choose to rejoice and be glad in it regardless of what is going on around me. I thank you that in a few months we celebrate your birthday but each day is to be celebrated. In Jesus' name. Amen.  

2 comments:

  1. One Christmas, my dad had been diagnosed with colo-rectal cancer right after Thanksgiving. I had spent May, June, July and August being on hand for my stepmother's needs as she had been diagnosed with her second round of breast cancer. I learned a lot through December. Please don't misunderstand, I love the season but I can't do the frantic things the world wants from us. I enjoy the Christmas Cantata at church. We used to have a Christmas drama, it was fun to do but it also is a lot of work. We have to look to Jesus and ask Him how we should honor His birth. Madison Avenue isn't the way He intended us to celebrate one of the holiest times of the year.

    ReplyDelete